Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Shift, then, Trust

Even when you can see positive things coming, change can be challenging. Have you ever created lots of change at the same time? The shifts may be good, but they can bring on anxiety.

I’m having that experience right now. I’ve hired a coaching team to help me rethink my practice, and writing. We’ve only started the process, but, I can already feel the future tugging at me.

My husband and I have decided to explore spending more time in the California desert. Escaping some of our rainy winter will be amazing. I love the heat so summer might even be enjoyable. Spending more time away means restructuring my practice so that I can work remotely. 

As an Obatala I have a powerful need for a safe cave to retreat to. Frequent visits to hotels, and rented homes, are one of the challenges I see up ahead. I need to remember that the goal is eventually to have a home in the desert to retreat to.

We’re moving into the next phase of our lives. I have no way of knowing what our new life will look like. It will certainly be radically different. I’m really excited, but I’m also a bit anxious.

Major shifts disrupt my peace, and clarity.  I don’t always function well in the midst of change. That said, I do recognize how important it is to keep moving forward. I’ll embrace it all whole heartedly.

No matter how compelling the upcoming future is, it is full of unknowns. We can never see the future. We need to trust that the Universe brought us to this moment. It will make sure that we have what we need. 

To move though change gracefully there are a few things you need to do. Make decisions that align with your best, next, steps. Proactively deal with your resistance. Be sensitive to the signals that the Universe sends. Get readings to help clarify the big decisions. Most of all, enjoy the process as much as you can.
Have you struggled with changes that you know will greatly improve your life? I’d love to hear about it.

Connect with Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment